Vanna's insides

Vanna's insides

Sunday, January 26, 2014

It's Official...

Yesterday was the first time the thought "is this crazy" passed through my head.  The subleter moved in and I moved out, and I started to question my thought processes.  Mostly, I was worried about Quinn--is this fair to make an animal live in a vehicle?  That was what I was struggling with most yesterday.

When I left the house with Vanna packed to the hilt, I headed to the underground parking at the mall to take advantage of the shelter from the rain and the overhead lighting.  I organized and reorganized, and became acquainted with my space.  Quinn also became acquainted and figured out where and what the purpose of the new litter box was.

I was really tired last night, hanging out with a friend and using his facilities to take out my contacts and wash my face and brush my teeth.  I headed back to the van which was parked in the ideal spot around 12:30 and drove around the suburbs for close to an hour in extremely heavy fog before i realized that the suburbs are not ideal for vandwelling due to the lack of street parking, and for whatever reason, the suburbs felt gloomy and not inviting.  I headed back to the exact same spot I'd vacated an hour earlier, parked there, and set up my new window coverings (an ingenious and simple solution: black garbage bags, dollar store Velcro stickers, boom).  It actually kills me to think how frustrated I was over the damn drapes that original night.

The Weather Network tells me it got down to 2 degrees last night, with a 'feels like' temperature of -1.  I did need the heater which I'm bummed to admit.  I'd been hoping to return it to Home Hardware for the $76 refund; but I awoke at 7:30 this morning with a very cold face and a kinda cold sweatiness all around.  I uncovered and cracked the box open to figure out, what turned out to be, an incredibly simple system--it just took me longer than it should have because I was just functioning as "Morning Pam" who just isn't as quick as "Any Other Time of Day Pam."

No comments:

Post a Comment